The new BII ESG Toolkit for Fund Managers is designed to provide practical guidance to fund managers and others about how assess and manage environmental, social, governance and business integrity risks and capitalise on any related opportunities. It sets out:
- What to expect when working with BII.
- An overview of the ESG business case.
- How to address ESG matters throughout the investment cycle.
- How to set up and continually improve environmental and social management systems (ESMS) and governance and business integrity management systems (BIMS).
- How to assess and manage governance and business integrity matters.
- Sector profiles that outline the most relevant sector-specific ESG risks, impacts and opportunities.
- How to manage commonly encountered E&S topics via E&S topics.
- Further references, checklist, templates and other useful materials.
|Where to look in this Toolkit when…||Key sections/links|
|…preparing to pitch a new fund to BII.|
|…preparing the fund’s annual ESG report for BII.|
|…understanding how good ESG management can benefit companies and investors.|
|…conducting due diligence on potential new investments.|
|…drafting ESG terms prior to investing in a company.|
|…managing portfolio companies during the ownership stage.|
|…exiting an investment.|
|…setting up or updating the fund’s ESG management systems.|
|Understanding and managing governance and business integrity issues, including corporate governance, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, whistleblowing and sanctions.|
|…learning about specific E&S topics.|
|…..assessing and managing ESG issues associated with specific industry sectors.|